Drafting an eye-catching headline could be a difficult task. But you could always borrow some ides from a handy Headline Swipe File to make this job easier. Below we have put together some useful examples from our printable Headline Swipe File.
Social Proof Headlines
People would like to make choices on the choices that other people make. That’s why marketers always incorporate social proofs when sending out messages. The more influential the social proof is; more people will follow your message.
Consider this example below. This headline has taken advantage of people’s herd mentality to market their products.
- [blank] Hacking With [world class example]
- A Simple Way To [desired result] That Works For [desired group/person]
- Why do I [blank] (And Maybe You Should Too)
- [Do something] like [world-class example]
- The [desired result] That [world class example] Is Talking About
- [desired result] Like A [desired group or person]
- How [impressive number] Got [desired result] in [time period]
People can be motivated to take action to avoid pain. Drafting a threat headline that promise to protect people from a threat is widely used.
Take a look at this tweet from Jon Morrow, a content marketing blogger.
- Do You Recognize the [number] Early Warning Signs of [blank]?
- If You Don’t [blank] Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
- The Biggest Lie In [your industry]
- X Shocking Mistakes Killing Your [blank]
- Don’t Try [blank] Without [desired action] First
- Why you shouldn’t [do what I desire them to do]
- Why [blank] Fails and [blank] Succeeds
Simply stating the benefit and promising if you take this action, you will gain this benefit is the easiest way to draft a headline.
See this Facebook post below from Amy Porterfield, a social media strategy consultant. From her headline, audience clearly get the message that they could create their own webinar after clicking this post.
See below for examples from our Headline Swipe File. Download the full list here.
- Discover The [desired result] Secret
- To People That Want To [desired result] But Can’t Get Started
- You Too Can [desired result] in [time period] with [blank]
- How To Become [desired result] When You [something challenging]
- You Don’t Have to Be [something challenging] to be [desired result]
- Little Known Ways to [blank]